Illustration • Visual Communication • Design

...a drawing a day keeps the boredom at bay...

Sunday 18 September 2011

Making Marks Exhibition (9/9/11)

As I'd mentioned in one of my earlier posts (see sketch day 10), I had entered some drawings recently into a drawing exhibition run by Artlink, a local centre for community arts here in Hull (Link HERE) entitled 'Making Marks'. The theme of the exhibition was to take inspiration from local architecture, landscape and  culture which fitted perfectly with the range of drawings I've been working on recently, and all three of my pieces were selected for inclusion :)

The three pieces I submitted...



















On the night of the exhibition, one of the other members of the Hull Urban Sketchers group - Quentin Budworth - arranged a wall drawing event where anyone in attendance was invited to draw their favourite parts of Hull to build up a collaborative map of the city using chalk and charcoal.

The night was a great success with fantastic levels of participation from people attending, including contributions from myself and some of the other members of the Hull Urban Sketchers.



L to R: Myself, Lewis Jackson, Gareth Sleightholme



The wall coming together...


And here are the four drawings I included on the wall...


The Church on Princes Avenue next to the Artlink building



Pearson Park folly



Cafe Nero/Maritime Museum - Hull City Centre












































The British Extraction Co. building



























So a good event overall which I really enjoyed taking part in, and which has rekindled my fondness for doing larger scale stuff with charcoal...













No comments:

Post a Comment