Illustration • Visual Communication • Design

...a drawing a day keeps the boredom at bay...

Sunday 18 September 2011

Tops of things...

Sadly due to teaching commitments the weekly meet ups for the Hull Urban Sketchers is more than likely going to wind down somewhat. However I posted on the group page for possible ideas of how to keep things going in some way or another and one of the suggestions from one of the members - Quentin Budworth - was to have weekly drawing challenges that members can tackle in their own time and post up for other members to see.

So the inaugral drawing challenge has been set as 'tops of things', an idea suggested by Gareth Sleightholme and inspired by the work of Johann Christian Claussen Dahl.

I had visited London recently and did manage to squeeze in a little bit of sketching, so here are my efforts so far...


View of rooftops from my friends flat 1


View of rooftops from my friends flat 2


View of St Pancras Station

More to come with this as I've got a few ideas that I want to explore...

No comments:

Post a Comment